A New SEO Business (Part 1) - Begin with Setting Your Goals
By John Alexander
If You are Thinking of Starting A New SEO Business -Start by Setting some Goals.
By investing the time and energy that you have in setting specific goals today, you can help yourself make each decision you need to make to reach the end result you are hoping for. In other words, if you set some overall goals today, you can help insure that your business will be there and be prosperous throughout the future of the business.
Goals now, count.
While we all have the same goal of finding success in the future, we still need to set specific goals to help us to get to that point. It just doesn’t happen overnight.
How You Can Set Goals Successfully:
When it comes to setting goals, there are not many of us that are very good at doing so. There are plenty of opportunities for mistakes to be made, but the real problem comes in how we set them as well as what we do after we set them.
For starters, it is essential to know what the objectives of your goals are. Take a few minutes right now to figure this out.
Go ahead, just simply sit down with a blank sheet of paper (or, you can use your computer too.) and avoid all distractions for at least 10 minutes. Turn off your e-mail. If needs be take your phone off the hook.
Write down anything and everything that comes to your mind in regards to your future goals.
What are they?
Visualize where do you want to be in a year?
Who do you want to have with you as part of your group or team?
Where do you see your business in 5 years?
What dollar amount of sales will make you happy this year?
What do you need to make in profits to reach a new level of satisfaction each year?
All of these things may be things to spark your mind. Determine where your business will be within the next years. Look long term for starters. Then, follow these few tips.
Goal writing is made easy through some basic steps.
1. Write down your longest term goal. This is the place that you want to be in a number of years, or the place you need to be to be as successful as you plan to be.
2. Give yourself a time frame for making that happen. You may want to say that you want to make your first million in two years. Or, it may take many more for that to happen. Giving your goal a timeframe helps to get your mind set in how to make that happen. If you leave it open ended, then the long term goals are not benefited by your actions each day, as they would be if you give them some thought.
3. Give yourself smaller goals to reach as increments up to the larger one. For example, the new entrepreneur may be able to say that he wants to be in an office, set up and running within a month’s time. In six months, he plans to be running into profit, after expenses have been paid down. Determine what your steps are to reaching your goal. Make sure that you write them with time frames attached too.
4. Next, write them by hand on paper in the following manner. “Within six months, I will have paid off all debt that I owe and be running in the clear. I will do this by pushing sales and not pushing any new expenditures during that time.” In this manner, you have listed not only what the goal is and the time frame to have it done, but also how you will get there.
5. Take this piece of paper and place it everywhere and anywhere that you will see it at least several times per day. Seeing it will allow you to think about it. Thinking about it makes it happen.
Success through goals is the only way to find it.
Now that you know what your goals are, it is essential for you to make sure that they do happen.
You will need to read those goals each day, at least one time per day. When you think it, see it, feel it, you make it happen.
When you go through each step, determine your goal for it. How will you implement it into your current work day and how will you insure that it will happen?